- MATX 601 Texts and Textuality
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Explores theories of texts and textuality as they relate to the study of media, the arts and discourse of any kind.
- Fall 2014: Marcel Cornis-Pope, Noreen Barnes
Fall 2013: Marcel Cornis-Pope, Noreen Barnes, Will Sims
- MATX 602 History of Media Art & Text
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Examines the history of communication technologies in their social and cultural contexts, with an emphasis on the development of contemporary digital technology and new media. Students will explore how the interactions between communication practices and technologies are related to institutions, identity formation, cultural values, social practices and economic conditions.
- Fall 2014: Jennifer Rhee
Fall 2013: Richard Fine
- MATX 603 History of Multimedia and Interdisciplinarity
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Explores the history of disciplines and media and studies the implications for scholarly and creative practice of crossing boundaries between disciplines and media.
- Spring 2015: Eric Garberson
- Spring 2014: Eric Garberson
- MATX 604 Workshop
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Provides the opportunity to develop and expand knowledge of specific production technologies needed for e-portfolio website and to study and practice professional and/or creative skills that students are contemplating using in their doctoral work.
- Spring 2015: David Golumbia
- Spring 2014: David Golumbia