- MATX 601 Texts and Textuality
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Explores theories of texts and textuality as they relate to the study of media, the arts and discourse of any kind.
- Fall 2013: Marcel Cornis-Pope
Fall 2012: Marcel Cornis-Pope, Noreen Barnes, Will Sims
Fall 2011: Marcel Cornis-Pope, Noreen Barnes, Will Sims
- MATX 602 History of Media Art & Text
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Examines the history of communication technologies in their social and cultural contexts, with an emphasis on the development of contemporary digital technology and new media. Students will explore how the interactions between communication practices and technologies are related to institutions, identity formation, cultural values, social practices and economic conditions.
- Fall 2013: Richard Fine
Fall 2012: Gretchen Soderlund
Fall 2011: David Golumbia
- MATX 603 History of Multimedia and Interdisciplinarity
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Explores the history of disciplines and media and studies the implications for scholarly and creative practice of crossing boundaries between disciplines and media.
- Spring 2014: Eric Garberson
Spring 2013: Eric Garberson
- Spring 2012: Eric Garberson
- Srping 2011: Joshua Eckhardt
- MATX 604 Workshop
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Requires the participants to work collaboratively to create an interdisciplinary product (performance, text, sculpture, etc.) in one or more media. The product will be archived in a Web-accessible format.
- Spring 2014: David Golumbia
- Spring 2013: David Golumbia
Spring 2012: David Golumbia
- Spring 2011: David Golumbia